PR-82 Racing Thickness Gauge
The PR-82racing thickness gauge is the first affordable Sonic Tester, utilizing state-of-the-art digital technology to produce fast and accurate readings. It requires no special training to operate.
Unlike calipers, the PR-82 will measure where there is access to only one side. This makes it valuable when measuring roll cage thickness, cylinder walls (before and after boring) and heads during porting.
The PR-82 measures in two modes. The first mode takes a measurement at the point you place the probe. The second is the Scan mode, which is helpful when measuring cylinder walls and roll cages. Place the probe at the bottom of the cylinder and drag it to the top, the gauge will display the thinnest reading measured.
The PR-82 is a lightweight, rugged tool that is resistant to water and oil. Other features include a backlit LCD and a bar graph to indicate signal stability. The 5-year warranty indicates how we feel about the quality of the PR-82. The PR-82 can go where you go, to do the work you do, saving you time and money, making fast, accurate measurements.
Four readings per second for single point measurements or 16 per second in SCAN mode.
- Resolution of 0.001 inch (0.01 mm)
- Large, back-lit LCD display retains last reading
- Simple operator controls virtually eliminate training
- Special-purpose probes are offered for a variety of applications
- Switch-selected units for inches or mm
PR-8V Racing Thickness Gauge
The PR-8V racing thickness gauge is designed for specifically for the needs engine builders and race shops. The time-based B-Scan feature of the PR-8V displays a cross-section of the opposite surface, allowing engine builders the ability to see the contour of the back surface in cylinders while scanning.
Use the Multi-Mode (Echo-Echo mode) feature to measure chassis tubing with or without paint and coatings. Built-in automatic gain control.
Selectable low, medium, and high gain settings offer the inspector the additional punch power for materials that are hard to penetrate.
The variety of calibration options is just one more example of the PR-8V’s versatility.
Store up to 64 custom setups. Factory setups available for common applications.
The internal Data Logger of the PR-8V has been customized for both the engine builder and the chassis inspector. Selectable cylinder mapping or general alphanumeric file storage will satisfy your reporting needs.
Built-in transducer types offer increased linearity between transducers.
The Fast Scan feature provides a better representation during the scanning process, by making 32 measurements per second. Remove the transducer from the test material to display the thinnest measurement found.
Use the visual and audible alarm to set Hi and Lo limits to signal the inspector when the measurements are out of tolerance.
The PR-8V also comes complete with our Windows PC software for transferring data to and from a PC, and viewing B-Scans, Cylinder Maps, and general measurements.
- Selectable low, medium, and high gain settings offer the inspector the additional punch power for materials that are hard to penetrate.
- Store up to 64 custom setups. Factory setups available for common applications.
- Selectable transducer types with built-in dual path error correction for improved linearity.
- Fast-Scan Mode: Takes 32 readings per second and displays the minimum reading found when the transducer is removed.
- Use the visual and audible alarm to set Hi and Lo limits to signal the inspector when the measurements are out of tolerance.