The MINI-MAX Ultrasonic Bolt Tension Monitor defines the state of the art in the measurement of the actual elongation produced by tightening a threaded fastener. MINI-MAX can measure the elongation very accurately in fasteners of virtually any material from 1/2 inch to 8 feet in length.
- The first cost effective ultrasonic solution available on the market.
- Effectively monitor your bolts during periodic shutdowns over the service life of the fastener.
- Visually compare the unloaded to the loaded waveform.
- Measurement quanities – Time (nanoseconds), Elongation, Load, Stress, and Percent Strain.
- Display Options – RF, Rectified, Large Digits with Limits Bar.
- Display Resolution – 1/8″ VGA 240 x 160 pixels.
- Stores 8000 readings and waveforms in multiple groups.
- Built-in Linear regression or vector for optimizing load measurements.
- The Auto Set feature automatically optimizes detection and adjusts display.
- Hi/Lo alarm tolerance limits work in conjunction with the data port and external pump shut-off device.
Width (2.5in/63.5 mm)
Height (6.5 in/165 mm)
Depth (1.24 in/31.5 mm)
13.5 ounces (with batteries).
Membrane switch pad with
twelve tactile keys.
- Operating Temperature:
14 to 140F (-10C to 60C)
Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).
- Data Output:
Bi-directional RS232 serial port. Windows® PC interface software.
1/8in VGA grayscale display (240 x 160 pixels). Viewable area 2.4 x 1.8in (62 x 45.7mm). EL backlit (on/off/auto).
Ultrasonic Specifications Measurement
Pulse-Echo w/Gate (fine adjust)
Square wave pulser with adjustable pulse width (spike, thin, wide).
Manual or Auto Set gain control with 40dB range.
10 bit 250 MHz digitizer.
2 year limited
- Three 1.5V alkaline or
- 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 150 hours on alkaline and 100 hours on NiCad (charger not included.)
- Auto power off if idle 5 min.
- Battery status icon.
- Range: From 1″ to 96″ (25.4mm to 244cm) bolts.
- Time – Nanoseconds.
- Elongation – Change in length (inches/millimeters).
- Load – Force load applied (pounds kIP or kN Kilonewtons).
- Stress – Force for unit area stress applied (pounds kPSI or megapascals MPa).
- Strain % – percentage strain applied (inches per inch or millimeters per millimeter)
+/- .00001 inches (0.0001 mm)
- Velocity Range:
.0492 to .3936 in/ms
1250 to 9999 meters/sec
- Fixed, Single, and Two point zero calibration options.
- Select bolt material types from a preset or custom list.
English & Metric / Fahrenheit & Centigrade
- A-Scan – Rectified +/- (half wave view), or RF (full waveform view).
- Large Digits – Display and toggle between nanoseconds, elongation, load, stress, and strain.
Digit Height: 0.400 in (10mm).
- Limits Bar(alarm limits) –
Set Hi & Lo alarm limits for displaying an acceptable tolerance range.
- Repeatability Bar Graph – Bar graph indicates stability of measurement.
Total of 8,000 readings, multiple bolt groups. Stores both waveform views, nanoseconds, elongation, load, stress, and strain for each reading.
16 megabit non-volatile ram.
- Single Element (1 to 10 MHz & 1/8″ to 1″diameters).
- Locking quick disconnect
“00” LEMO connectors.
- Standard 10 foot cable.
- Custom transducers and cable lengths available on request.
- Temperature probe for automatic temperature compensation.
64 custom user defined setups. Factory setups can also be edited by the user.
Gate used to fine adjust where the detection point occurs.
- Alarm Limits:
Set hi and lo tolerances with audible beeper, viewable scan bar, and visual LEDs.
- Auto Set:
Locates the detection signal, optimizes the gain setting, and adjusts the overall display to show the waveform and detection point automatically.
- Field Calibration:
Vector & linear regression.
Factory calibration traceable to national standards.