The MVX v2.0 is our most basic A-Scan thickness scope, with the ability to satisfy most advanced thickness applications. It steps outside of our basic digital line of gauges and offers the versatility of a scope based instrument. Display options are RF, Rectified, B-Scan, and Large Digits. An alphanumeric data logging format with 4Gb internal SD memory stands to offer far more storage than ever needed. Our custom setup features allow 64 definable setups per file, for as many files as is needed. Transducer table for improved linearity, thru paint mode with the single press of a button, multiple calibrations and material selection options, and auto find waveform feature – just to mention a few! This is all nicely packaged in a very mini portable aluminum extrusion for extra durability and portability! Our DakView java-based PC or MAC OSX software makes this thing a complete kit, and then some!
- Setups: 64 custom user-definable setups; factory setups can be edited.
- Selectable Transducers: Selectable transducer types with built-in dual path error correction for improved linearity.
- Alarm Mode: Set hi and lo tolerances with audible beeper and visual LEDs.
- Scan Mode: Takes 250 readings per second and displays the minimum reading found when the transducer is removed.
- Weight: 13.5 ounces (with batteries).
- Size: 2.5 W x 6.5 H x 1.24 D inches (63.5 W x 165 H x 31.5 D mm).
- Operating Temperature: -14° to 140°F (-10° to 60°C).
- Keyboard: Membrane switch with twelve tactile keys.
- Case: an Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).
- Data Output: Bi-directional RS232 serial port. Windows® PC interface software.
- Display: 1/8 in. VGA grayscale display (240 x 160 pixels). Viewable area 2.4 x 1.8 in. (62 x 45.7mm).
- EL backlit (on/off/auto).
- Measurement Modes: Pulse-Echo (flaws, pits)
- Echo-Echo (thru-paint)
- Pulser: Square wave pulser with an adjustable pulse width (spike, thin, wide).
- Receiver: Manual or AGC gain control with 40dB range, depending on the mode selected.
- Timing: 20 MHz with ultra-low power
- 8-bit digitizer.
- Three 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 150 hours on alkaline and 100 hours on NiCad (charger not included.)
- Auto power off if idle 5 min.
- Battery status icon.
- Range: Pulse-Echo Mode: (Pit&Flaw Detection) measures from 0.025 9.999 inches (0.63 to 254 millimeters).
- Echo-Echo Mode: Thru Paint & Coatings) measures from 0.1 to 4.0 inches (2.54 to 102 millimeters).
- The range will vary +/- depending on the thickness of the coating.
- Resolution: +/- .001 inches (0.01 mm)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3936 in./ms 1250 to 9999 meters/sec
- Single and Two point calibration option, or selection of basic material types.
- Units: English & Metric
- Display Views: A-Scan Rectified +/- (flaw view) RF (full waveform view)
- B-Scan Cross sectional view.
- The display speed of 15 secs per screen.
- Large Digits Standard thickness view. Digit Height: 0.400 in (10mm).
- Scan Bar 6 readings per second. Viewable in B-Scan and Large Digit views.
- Repeatability Bar Graph Bar graph indicates the stability of reading.
DATA LOGGER (INTERNAL)
- 12,000 pages of memory (alphanumeric storage).
- Page contents: 1 reading and 1 waveform per page.
- OBSTRUCT to indicate inaccessible locations.
- Memory: 16 megabits non-volatile ram.