Mistras VPAC II IS|Instrisically Safe Through Valve Loss Control Intrument
Mistras VPAC II
The VPAC™II is an acoustic emission instrument based on over 10 years of research. The VPAC™II can estimate the quantity of material leaking through the valve using the accompanying proprietary software. With hundreds of systems currently in use, the VPAC™II is the instrument of choice for through valve leak detection.
The user interface is simple and intuitive, and the unit retains all settings even when powered down. The instrument is powered by four rechargeable AA batteries which will last several weeks in typical use. Battery replacement and charging is quick and easy, so downtime is minimized.
The VPAC™II unit contains all the features you need to determine if valves are leaking, where they’re leaking, and at what rate they’re leaking.
Features of the VPAC™II include:
- Stores a reading, as well as upstream and downstream readings, for up to 100 valves at a time
- Loads a complete testing route with valve names & physical properties from VPACwin™
- Calculates Leak rates directly on the unit
- Transfers all stored data to notebook or desktop PC with VPACwin™ software via a simple, wireless Bluetooth interface
When used on gas systems, the VPAC™II system is capable of detecting leaks as small as 1-liter per minute. This is because the sensor is virtually on top of the leak source and attenuation of the signal is not a factor. Counting for standard pressure and temperature (14.696 psia and 60° F), this corresponds to 2.12 SCF per hour.
VPAC™ II features On unit:
• Large Custom LCD Display w/ backlight
• Dual Frequency range selection
• Accepts D9203-IS, DS241-IS or VS9203 type sensors
• User replaceable AA batteries
• Small rugged ergonomic package
• Simple, intuitive user interface via a 3×3 large button keypad
• Headset-enabled VPACwin™ software:
• With few simple mouse clicks, you can connect to your VPAC II™ via Bluetooth and transfer data to and from the unit.
• Automatically loads and formats all data transferred from VPAC™ into userfriendly spreadsheet.
• Leak rates and total monetary loss per valve per year are calculated.
• Route Management features enable the user to load a specific set of valves to be tested onto the unit.
• Entire databases of valves can be created and saved for future use.
• Saved results over time can be used for trending purposes.
• Save, load, print, & modify values in leak rate calculation spreadsheets. • Firmware upgrades, when available, supported over a Bluetooth interface.